Discreet Orthodontic Treatment with Invisalign®
If you have crooked or misaligned teeth but do not want to wear metal braces, we have good news. By offering Invisalign®, Dr. David Ijams and Dr. Clarissa Turner at Cordova Dental provide adults and teens with a clear, removable system of aligners that can straighten teeth comfortably and often in less time than traditional braces. To find out if this innovative treatment is right for you, schedule an Invisalign® consultation at Cordova Dental today.
Types of Invisalign® Systems
Each Invisalign® system comes with a series of custom-made, removable, clear acrylic aligners that need to be worn at least 22 hours per day. No brackets, wires, bands, or metal are involved. Available Invisalign® systems include:
- Invisalign®: Treatment with the traditional system takes nine to eighteen months, in most cases. Varying levels of orthodontic cases can qualify for Invisalign®, including patients concerned with crossbite, overbite, underbite, crowding, and spacing issues.
- Invisalign Teen®: Treatment for teens is similar to traditional Invisalign®, as described above. However, the teen option comes with up to six replacement aligners, which are useful when a teenager inevitably throws away or misplaces a removable tray. Invisalign Teen® also features a blue compliance indicator that tells the dentist whether the tray has been worn as often as directed. Parents love these features of Invisalign Teen®, and teens like the idea of clear, removable aligners instead of wire-and-bracket braces.
- Invisalign Express®: This system is ideal for many patients with minor misalignment issues or who had braces earlier in life but their teeth have shifted slightly. Invisalign Express® offers a simple, five-stage treatment process that requires less financial and time investment than other orthodontic options.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
If you and your dentist determine Invisalign® is right for you, the first step will involve taking digital images of your bite. Special software can create a treatment plan that will shift your teeth into proper position incrementally, with custom-made aligners. An Invisalign® lab will fabricate your custom aligners. You will wear each tray for about two weeks, then discard it and wear the next tray in your series. Expect to attend dental visits every six weeks or so, according to the dentist’s recommendation.
In addition to treating a range of concerns, Invisalign® offers a multitude of benefits:
- Clear and inconspicuous
- Removable for important events
- No dietary restrictions, plus easy cleaning so you can brush and floss normally
- Often, shorter treatment time than traditional braces
- No metal, no bands, and no wires or brackets so no irritation to soft tissues
- Nothing attaches permanently to teeth, so there is no potential for damage to tooth enamel
- No painful “tightening” appointments – just simple, six-week progress check-ups
- For parents of teens, replacement aligners and compliance indicators address some of the potential hurdles of orthodontic treatment
- For minor orthodontic treatment, the Express® system offers a shortened treatment time and smaller financial investment
- Cost is comparable to traditional braces, and payment plans are available
Lastly, this innovative treatment is available at Cordova Dental, so you will not have to go to an orthodontist’s office for any aspect of your care.
Schedule Your Invisalign® Consultation
Invisalign® can benefit most teens and adults who have crooked or spaced teeth. If you would like to learn more about Invisalign® and whether it is right for you, schedule your appointment at Cordova Dental today.